- White Bread Slices 8-10
- Besan (Gram Flour) 1 & 1/2 cups
- LG Hing – a pinch
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) half teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil for shallow fry
- Fresh coriander leaves as required
- Red chilli Garlic Chutney as required
- Sweet tamarind chutney as required
- Combine gram flour, LG Hing, carom seeds, salt and red chilli powder in a bowl. Add sufficient water and whisk well to make a smooth batter of coating consistency.
- Heat oil on a non-stick tawa. Dip the bread slices, one-by-one, in the batter and place on the tawa. Sprinkle coriander leaves on top and shallow-fry till golden and crisp from both sides.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot with red chilli-garlic chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.