We, at Laljee Godhoo & Co. / www.laljeegodhoo.com (the Website and the company, severally and collectively hereinafter referred to as “Laljee Godhoo”), value your privacy, and consider our relationship with you as invaluable and strive to respect and safeguard your right to privacy. We shall protect the personal / sensitive information provided by you and shall not disclose the same to anyone unless it is required by law, directed by you, or necessary to provide our services to you or on your behalf.
What we collect?
Please be aware that Laljee Godhoo will release specific personal information about the User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
- In order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, statute, or court order, or
- if any of User’s actions on our website violate the Terms of Service or any of our guidelines for specific purchases, services etc., or
- to protect or defend our legal rights or property, the website, or our other Users; or
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security, integrity of Laljee Godhoo / our website / products / services / offerings.
We may also ask for additional Personal Information from time to time to meet new regulatory requirements or to provide you with other benefits of our services. As always, the information that we seek will only be for the purpose stated & in accordance to regulatory compliance. We use this information to contact you and undertake activities that you have specifically authorized us to do.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- How we use your Personal Information / Personal Data
The Personal Data that the Website collects may be processed and used for the purposes of operating our Website, managing, and operating Laljee Godhoo providing our products, services, and for the purposes of invoicing, and order processing, ensuring the security of our Website and services, maintaining back-ups of our customer and vendor databases and communicating with you.
We may collect and process data about your use of our Website and services (“Usage Data”). The Usage Data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, product views, and Website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the Usage Data is our analytics tracking system. This Usage Data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. We use third party platforms for processing orders, maintaining track records of sales, buyers, vendors, suppliers, etc. Under such circumstances we may be required to share the Personal Information given by you with the third parties, to add value and improve the quality of products and services imparted by us to you. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the confidentiality of your Personal Information is maintained by imposing strict confidentiality standards on all the third parties, including our distributors, retailers, other consumers, from India as well as various member states of the European Union, or any other country with whom we part this Personal Information. We shall not allow any third parties to retain your Personal Information longer than what is warranted by the nature of goods provided and services rendered.
We would also impart your Personal Information wherever it is required to be disclosed under law to any of the governmental agency or regulatory bodies. We may share aggregated information that may include Personal Information with third parties for analysis, demographic profiling, market studies, surveys, and other purposes having legitimate interests.
We may collect and process information relating to transactions, including placing orders for various products made available on our website, through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details, your mode of payment details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of processing the payments and orders, and invoicing and keeping proper records of those transactions, basis our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website Laljee Godhoo and communications with users.
We may collect and process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content such as your product queries, queries related to Laljee Godhoo, and metadata associated with the communication. Our Website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the Website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping, basis our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website and business and communications with users.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
- Data retention / Back – up
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your Rights
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- THE RIGHT TO ACCESS:
You have the right to view, amend, access, or delete the Personal Information that We / Website hold about you. To request access, please e-mail at email@example.com.
- THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION:
If any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you make ask us to correct or complete it at any time, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE RIGHT TO ERASURE:
- You may request the deletion of any Personal Information we hold on you at any time. To request deletion of your Personal Information, contact email@example.com using the e-mail address we hold for you or otherwise proving your identity.
- Be aware that requesting deletion, unlike unsubscribing from specific e-mails, is total and irreversible. This means that We will also lose record of you having ever been on our systems, including any previous instructions you have given us opting out of specific emails types.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING:
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of our processing, but you require Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your Personal Data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING:
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the Personal Information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your Personal Data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY:
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data is:
(a) consent; or
(b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold on you, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY:
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT:
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by e-mailing us at _ email@example.com.
- THE RIGHT TO ACCESS:
You understand that a cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your web browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. This anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the Personal Information. You may choose to decline/ disable cookies, however, the same may have a significant impact on your experience of the Website and may make parts of the Website non-functional or inaccessible. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
- Links to Other Site
- Our details
This website is owned and operated by Laljee Godhoo & Co.
Our principal place of business is at [•]
You can contact us:
- using our website contact form
- by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy updates